Assignment 3: U C What I C (Part 2)


Now that you've seen my final photostory, lets talk about the design process. I came up with an original storyboard and actually consulted my friend, who is a dancer, regarding the poses. Here's the initial storyboard (read in a right-left-right-left pattern). I actually sketched a dancer warming up and dancing before I thought of possible 'suggestive' photo angles by closing up on parts of the dancer's body (see boxes).

Upon contemplation and having received feedback from others, I decided to do away with the first frame; originally, it showed a girl hugging herself, looking very forlorn and sad. This was deleted as it didn't show any visual relation to the other frames.

My tutor for the module also told me that the slap didn't seem obvious enough - it looked like she was turning her head. So I added a frame of the girl on the ground and touching her face - hence, there is connectivity. Because the two ''hand shots" seemed rather disjointed, I also modified the frames slightly by having a scene that shows the girl's face and her outreached hand at the same time; this prevents disorientation of the viewers, who will not be left wondering about the random hands appearing.

I edited some of the photos too. In particular, the scene with the bruises did not only have artificial bruises cloned with Photoshop, but was also darkened by toggling arund with brightness and contrast tabs. This darkened scene is ominous and contributes to the readers' feelings of dread when looking at the bruises. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment